Here are ten benefits to using chia seeds
1. Nutritious. Chia seed provides calcium (5 x more than cows milk)and protein to your tissues. The seeds are also rich in boron, which helps the body assimilate and use calcium. The nutrients also support proper brain functioning.
2. Great for Hydration. This seed can soak up twelve times its weight in water. When inside your body, the seeds help you stay hydrated longer, and retain electrolytes in your bodily fluids.
3. Easily digestible. The shells are easily broken down, even when swallowed whole. This is an improvement over flax seed, which have to be ground up to be digested properly. If you eat flax seed whole, it will just pass straight through you.
4. Concentrated goodness. If you could only take one cup of food for a few days, I'd choose chia ! The food value per volume is simply unbelievable. You don't need much. The Aztecs said they could survive on two table spoonfuls per day!
5. Mild tasting. Unlike some seeds, the flavour is very mild some say no taste at all. The mild neutral taste makes it so easy to put in sauces, smoothies, breads, puddings, and whatever you want. They won't really change the taste, but will add to your nutrition intake in a big way!
6. Energy enhancing. The health pioneer Paul Bragg did an experiment an endurance hike with friends. They divided up into a chia-eating group and another group, who ate whatever they wanted. The group eating only chia seeds finished the hike four hours, twenty seven minutes before the others, most of whom didn't even finish at all.
7. Versatile. These super seeds can be used to replace less-healthy fat in just about any kind of recipe. You can use them uncooked in salad dressings, spreads, fruit shakes, ice cream, and just about anything you want. You can also add them to cookies, cakes, muffins, Bread and other baked goods. Or my preferred way just mix in a couple of tablespoons to my Pomegranate juice and leave them overnight for the next morning and drink them down! for my breakfast, nothing more till mid afternoon !!
8. Weight loss with chia seeds . Yes, the seeds will help you lose weight, for two reasons. The first reason is that they are so filling that you will eat less of other foods ( they stop you snacking between meals too). The second reason is that they actually bulk up and cleanse your body of old "junk" in your intestines.
9. Endurance enhancing. Chia seeds are known as the "Indian Running Food". Also, the ancient Aztec warriors used chia seed during their conquests. I'm a runner, and I've used chia seed to help with my stamina and endurance on my runs, some of which are several hours long!
10. Regenerating. After eating, the nutrients travel to the cells very quickly due to the ease in digestion and assimilation. Use them when you want to build or regenerate healthy body tissue and repair injured muscles.